Does isCOBOL work with Flexus COBOL sp2?
Question ID : 19
Created on 2009-08-28 at 2:04 PM
Author : Veryant Support [email@example.com]
Online URL : http://support.veryant.com/support/phpkb/question.php?ID=19
What work is necessary to use Flexus COBOL sp2? Has it been tested?
Yes, this has been tested and a customer application with GUI calls to SP2 functions has successfully run with isCOBOL.
- Set iscobol.little_endian=1 and iscobol.dll_convention=0
- Compile with the -cp POINTER compatibility compiler option
- Force a call to sp2.dll in the COBOL source code or set iscobol.shared_library_list=sp2.dll
If you are using isCOBOL 2008 or older, or do not want to compile with -cp, then make the following changes to your source code:
- Change the SP2.def POINTER to X(8) COMP-X
- Without -cp, 99% of the SP2 API calls run fine. Some SP2 API calls assoicated with "set-panel-fields/display-window/get-input" require SP2 to save pointers. In most cases setting SP2SAV=2 allows you to use some functionality of these APIs. Otherwise replace them with the "converse-panel" API.
Back to Original Question