Does isCOBOL APS run on z/OS?
Question ID : 49
Created on 2009-08-31 at 5:33 PM
Author : Veryant Support [email@example.com]
Online URL : http://support.veryant.com/support/phpkb/question.php?ID=49
What products in the isCOBOL APS run on z/OS?
The JDK on z/OS is called "IBM SDK for z/OS Java Technology Edition" and comes in 3 different versions, V1.4, V5 and V6 depending on the z/OS version and release level.
The following isCOBOL APS products and features are implemented as pure Java classes with no dependencies on native libraries and can run on z/OS Version 1 Release 4 or higher (with JDK 1.4.2 or higher):
The following products and features have not been ported to z/OS:
- isCOBOL Compiler including the ISMIGRATE, ISCONFIG, and XML2WRK utilities
- isCOBOL Runtime Framework with the exception of calling native libraries
- isCOBOL Debugger
- isCOBOL ESQL Generator
- isCOBOL Server (thin client and client/server CALLs)
- isCOBOL JISAM File System
- isCOBOL Web Direct
- isCOBOL ISAM Server
- isCOBOL SQL Server
- isCOBOL ISAM ODBC
- Calling native libraries with the CALL verb, such as those implemented in other programming languages like assembler or C
Back to Original Question