How do I configure the IDE to put logs and other files in separate project folders?
By default, trace logs and data files are created in my project's output folder. How do I configure the IDE to put these and other files in separate project folders?
When running or debugging the isCOBOL IDE sets the current working directory to the project's output folder. This explains why your log files are getting written there. You can specify directories for log files, compiler error and listing files, and even data files in your project as follows:
isCOBOL properties can be placed in a file named "iscobol.properties" in your output folder. Or they can be placed in any file you choose and then specify this file on the command line using the system property -Discobol.conf=filename.
For example, add a folder to your project named "logs". Then create a file in your output folder named iscobol.properties with the following contents:
Set the iscobol.logfile property to specify the directory where trace log files are written
Set the iscobol.file.prefix property to specify the directory where data files are opened
Use the -eo compiler option to specify the directory where compiler error files are written
Use the -lo compiler option to specify the directory where compiler listing files are written
Add "errors" and "listings" folders to your project and then add the following compiler options:
-ef -eo=errors -lf -lo=listings
Add a "data" folder to your project and then add the following to your properties file:
The reason to specify "../" in folder names in the properties file is because these folders are one level up from the current working directory when the program runs (i.e. the parent of the output folder), and using "../" allows you to move your project to a different folder without requiring a change to your properties file.
by: Veryant Support
This question has been viewed 5396 times so far.
Here to View all the questions in isCOBOL IDE
|There are no attachment file(s) related to this question.
| User Comments
|There are no user comments for this question. Be the first to post a comment. Click Here
| Related Questions
- How do I resolve the error: Launching has encountered a problem - An internal error occurred during: "Launching ___". com/iscobol/rts/IscobolClass?
- How do I resolve the error "Unhandled event loop exception"?
- How do I set up a CVS repository and access it from Eclipse and the isCOBOL IDE?
- isCOBOL IDE or Eclipse error "Workspace in use or cannot be created, choose a different one"
- How do I make an isCOBOL program that will run on a mobile device, like iPad?
- isCOBOL IDE Eclipse Troubleshooting
- How to filter the problems view to avoid seeing the errors of so many different programs in a project?
- Does Veryant provide a plugin to Eclipse or did Veryant customize Eclipse to be the IDE for isCOBOL?
- Can you recommend a book for learning the Eclipse based isCOBOL IDE?
- What are the steps to add an external tool or integrate a utility such as JDBC2FD into the isCOBOL IDE?
- Generate stopped working after upgrading the isCOBOL IDE
- How do I install support for Subversion (SVN) in Eclipse or isCOBOL IDE?
- How do I set up isCOBOL IDE on Windows to edit, compile and debug existing source code on a UNIX/Linux box?
- What is the current working directory when I launch my program from the IDE?
- On which version of Eclipse are the isCOBOL 's built?
- How do I install new plugins received from Veryant Support?
- Toggling comments in the properties file editor
- Is there a way to stop the pop up from coming up when I start to type in code in the program?
- Were you aware of the ability of "block selection" in the isCOBOL Editor under Eclipse?
- How can I work with the java property 'file.encoding' inside the isCOBOL IDE?
- Did you know you can compare text files using the isCOBOL IDE?
- Did you know how to generate and compile an isCOBOL IDE workspace in background-mode?
- How to create groups of fields on the IDE screen painter, that use the same area on the screen, but visible at different moments?
- How can we avoid to select the way a program will be executed in the IDE each time we want to test it?
- How to create a report with the IDE Report Designer