Do isCOBOL GUI Screens have resizing capabilities?
Yes, starting with isCOBOL 2019R2, all the isCOBOL GUI, Graphical windows, Screen Programs or isCOBOL WOW programs generated by the IDE can take advantage of an easy to use and low impact layout manager to handle application resizing.
Simply by setting the configuration setting:
the new Zoom Layout manager is activated, windows automatically become resizable, and all controls are adjusted in size when increasing the window width, and in font size when increasing the window height.
This behavior is completely automatic, requiring no effort from developers.
All that is needed to enable this behavior is to set a configuration property.
This helps to quickly and easily to solve the resizing issues of running applications on a variety of monitors with different sizes and resolutions, with zero code changes.
Individual windows can be targeted by enabling the LM-ZOOM layout manager in the display window statement, as shown in the code below.
77 zoom-layout handle of layout-manager, lm-zoom.
display standard graphical window resizable
The picture below shows how the program runs at startup, before the user resizes the window.
The picture below shows how the GUI looks like after the user stretches the window horizontally.
The picture below shows how the GUI reacts after the window is resized both horizontally and vertically.
You can test this new feature by running our Samples program. Go to:
Start > All Programs > isCOBOL2019R2 and double click isCOBOL Samples
You will see the below screen:
Then press enter, press F5 or double click the Zoom Layout item of the tree-view to start the program.
As usual you can also see and take advantage of the source code of this sample program by pressing the View Source push button or by pressing F2.
by: Veryant Support
This question has been viewed 166 times so far.
Here to View all the questions in User Interface
|There are no attachment file(s) related to this question.
| User Comments
|There are no user comments for this question. Be the first to post a comment. Click Here
| Related Questions
- How do I center a window on the desktop?
- Does isCOBOL provide GUI design support?
- iscobol.font.default and DEFAULT-FONT
- What are the specific fonts that isCOBOL uses by default?
- Does isCOBOL provide Graph modules to show statistics?
- Can I have an entry-field that more or less works the same as Google Search? So I would like to be able to change the contents of the list while the user is typing...
- Did you know isCOBOL has the Accordion control?
- Is it possible to sort dates in a grid control?
- Working with a grid control is there a way to get the double-click event?
- How can I refresh the current contents of the paged grid?
- Is there a way to show leading zeros when numeric data items are displayed on a character based screen?
- How can I show an animated gif with isCOBOL?
- Did you know isCOBOL supports a tip inside the entry-field and combo-box controls when they are empty?
- Is it possible to configure the color of the read-only entry-fields?
- Did you know how to customize color of the borders of some controls?
- UNC Paths with Browser Control don't work. What can I do to solve it?
- Did you know that you can protect a Grid from editing without coding any event?
- How to detect if a computer has more than one monitor and use any of them?
- Gradient effects
- How may I display a notification window that requires no user intervention?
- How to add pages and GUI controls inside them to a tab control dynamically?