isCOBOL IDE or Eclipse error "Workspace in use or cannot be created, choose a different one"
Whenever the Eclipse (or isCOBOL IDE) opens a workspace, it attempts to lock a specific portion of the .lock file in the workspace .metadata folder. If the file .metadata/.lock does not exist, then Eclipse creates and attempts to lock a portion of the file. If the lock attempt fails, then Eclipse reports an error message:
Workspace in use or cannot be created, choose a different one
This usually means that there is another Eclipse or isIDE.exe
process running and using this workspace.
So if you see this message it is a good idea to check your taskbar, task manager or process list and switch to or kill the Eclipse or isIDE.exe process that is holding the workspace lock.
If you have verified that there is no other Eclipse or isIDE.exe process running and yet still see the error message, it may be due to a permissions problem or an operating system lock release problem (e.g. on Windows) and the sure-fire remedy
is to simply delete the .lock file and restart Eclipse.
by: Veryant Support
This question has been viewed 9622 times so far.
Here to View all the questions in isCOBOL IDE
|There are no attachment file(s) related to this question.
| User Comments
|There are no user comments for this question. Be the first to post a comment. Click Here
| Related Questions
- How do I resolve the error: Launching has encountered a problem - An internal error occurred during: "Launching ___". com/iscobol/rts/IscobolClass?
- How do I resolve the error "Unhandled event loop exception"?
- How do I set up a CVS repository and access it from Eclipse and the isCOBOL IDE?
- How to filter the problems view to avoid seeing the errors of so many different programs in a project?
- How do I make an isCOBOL program that will run on a mobile device, like iPad?
- isCOBOL IDE Eclipse Troubleshooting
- Does Veryant provide a plugin to Eclipse or did Veryant customize Eclipse to be the IDE for isCOBOL?
- Can you recommend a book for learning the Eclipse based isCOBOL IDE?
- What are the steps to add an external tool or integrate a utility such as JDBC2FD into the isCOBOL IDE?
- Generate stopped working after upgrading the isCOBOL IDE
- How do I install support for Subversion (SVN) in Eclipse or isCOBOL IDE?
- How do I set up isCOBOL IDE on Windows to edit, compile and debug existing source code on a UNIX/Linux box?
- On which version of Eclipse are the isCOBOL 's built?
- What is the current working directory when I launch my program from the IDE?
- How do I configure the IDE to put logs and other files in separate project folders?
- How do I install new plugins received from Veryant Support?
- Were you aware of the ability of "block selection" in the isCOBOL Editor under Eclipse?
- Toggling comments in the properties file editor
- Is there a way to stop the pop up from coming up when I start to type in code in the program?
- How can I work with the java property 'file.encoding' inside the isCOBOL IDE?
- How to create groups of fields on the IDE screen painter, that use the same area on the screen, but visible at different moments?
- Did you know you can compare text files using the isCOBOL IDE?
- Did you know how to generate and compile an isCOBOL IDE workspace in background-mode?
- How can we avoid to select the way a program will be executed in the IDE each time we want to test it?
- How to create a report with the IDE Report Designer
- How to use existing FD/SL copybooks in the Screen Programs without generating FD/SL from IDE Data View