How do I capture client side errors when using a different look and feel (e.g. Nimbus)?
I use the Nimbus look and feel introduced in the Java SE 6 update 10 release. For example:
javaw -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel com.iscobol.gui.client.Client -Discobol.conf=client.properties MYAPP
I would like to know how I can capture the errors and output sent to stderr and stdout. I understand that the isclient.exe captures these streams in isclient_out.log and isclient_err.log in the C:\Program Files\Veryant\isCOBOL2010\bin folder.
How can I create my own "wrapper" executables to do the same thing?
Veryant uses and recommends install4j from ej-technologies http://www.ej-technologies.com to create Windows installers and "wrapper" executables for Windows.
For example, isclient.exe is what install4j calls a "launcher". Launchers include the following features and more:
Veryant's launcher configuration for isclient.exe has the following settings (in the install4j project file):
Customized JRE/JDK detection
Flexible classpath construction
Custom working directory
Windows version info resource
Redirection of stderr and stdout
VM parameters file
install4j comes with a graphical designer program so you donít actually need to type in the above properties.
If you want to create an executable but don't need an installer technology then consider using exe4j from the same company.
Contact Veryant Support if you would like more information.
vmParameters=" quot;-Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel quot;"
by: Veryant Support
This question has been viewed 7560 times so far.
Here to View all the questions in isCOBOL Server and Thin Client
|There are no attachment file(s) related to this question.
| User Comments
|There are no user comments for this question. Be the first to post a comment. Click Here
| Related Questions
- In thin client mode how do I run a local external application like the Windows Calculator or Microsoft Excel?
- How do I set up isCOBOL Server (Application Server) and Thin Client?
- How do I debug a program running in thin client mode?
- How do I use Java Web Start to automatically download and launch the thin client?
- With thin client is there a way to update and push changes to programs live (on the fly), without having to kill and restart the isCOBOL Server?
- How do I use secure transport (SSL) with the isCOBOL thin client?
- How do I avoid having to edit the Java security policy to allow isCOBOL thin client applet to connect?
- How can I get the system-information data from the client computer?
- How do I download files from server to client using isCOBOL Thin Client?
- The COBOL program suddenly terminates on the server and leaves thin client running with a blank screen
- What are the Java version requirements on the client and server? Do they need to match?
- How do I resolve the error 'Application Blocked by Java Security' working with jnlp?
- Is there a way to simulate users and load-test the thin client?
- The user name shown by the -panel is the PC Name. Is it possible have the user id of our application?
- How can I get the local username?
- Is there a way to distribute multiple client connections on different servers?
- What's the meaning of the error 'Software Incompatiblity'