isCOBOL IDE Eclipse Troubleshooting
There is no isCOBOL Project option in the New menu, and I get the following error when I try to switch to the isCOBOL Perspective in the Eclipse based isCOBOL IDE:
Could not create the view: Plug-in com.iscobol.plugins.editor.IscobolEditor was unable to load class com.iscobol.plugins.editor.views.IscobolNavigator.
What could be the problem?
How do I troubleshoot issues with the behavior or functionality of Eclipse or the isCOBOL IDE?
If the isCOBOL IDE behaved correctly on a previous run, and especially if it stopped working after installing, updating or removing a plugin, then the problem may be caused by inconsistent or invalid cached data.
To clear all cached data restart the isCOBOL IDE specifying the
-clean command line option. For example, make a copy of the isCOBOL IDE shortcut and name it "isCOBOL IDE Clean". Edit the shortcut's properties and add
-clean to the end of the command in the Target field. Or from a command prompt
cd into the isCOBOL IDE program directory and execute
-clean is an Eclipse runtime command line option. So it can be used with any Eclipse-based IDE.
-clean does not resolve the problem then the next place to look is the Error Log view. To show it click on the Error Log tab in the bottom panel of the IDE. If the Error Log View is not showing then select from the menubar Window -> Show View -> Error Log (or "Other..." and select "Error Log" from the list)
In the Error Log view double-click on the top error which is the most recent. In the Event Details dialog scroll down to the bottom of the Exception Stack Trace to see the cause of the error.
If the error is caused by "Missing License!" then make sure that the \etc\iscobol.properties file on the current drive contains the proper license key property setting. For example:
Look for these key values in the license email or iscobol.properties file you received from Veryant.
In the Event Details dialog you can click on the down arrow button to view the details for the next most recent error.
If you need assistance interpreting an error message and/or fixing the cause of an error, send the Exception Stack Trace from the Event Details dialog to Veryant's support team and feel free to search the Web.
by: Veryant Support
This question has been viewed 8926 times so far.
Here to View all the questions in isCOBOL IDE
|There are no attachment file(s) related to this question.
| User Comments
|There are no user comments for this question. Be the first to post a comment. Click Here
| Related Questions
- How do I resolve the error: Launching has encountered a problem - An internal error occurred during: "Launching ___". com/iscobol/rts/IscobolClass?
- How do I resolve the error "Unhandled event loop exception"?
- How do I set up a CVS repository and access it from Eclipse and the isCOBOL IDE?
- How to filter the problems view to avoid seeing the errors of so many different programs in a project?
- isCOBOL IDE or Eclipse error "Workspace in use or cannot be created, choose a different one"
- How do I make an isCOBOL program that will run on a mobile device, like iPad?
- Does Veryant provide a plugin to Eclipse or did Veryant customize Eclipse to be the IDE for isCOBOL?
- Can you recommend a book for learning the Eclipse based isCOBOL IDE?
- What are the steps to add an external tool or integrate a utility such as JDBC2FD into the isCOBOL IDE?
- How do I install support for Subversion (SVN) in Eclipse or isCOBOL IDE?
- Generate stopped working after upgrading the isCOBOL IDE
- How do I set up isCOBOL IDE on Windows to edit, compile and debug existing source code on a UNIX/Linux box?
- On which version of Eclipse are the isCOBOL 's built?
- What is the current working directory when I launch my program from the IDE?
- How do I configure the IDE to put logs and other files in separate project folders?
- How do I install new plugins received from Veryant Support?
- Were you aware of the ability of "block selection" in the isCOBOL Editor under Eclipse?
- Toggling comments in the properties file editor
- Is there a way to stop the pop up from coming up when I start to type in code in the program?
- How can I work with the java property 'file.encoding' inside the isCOBOL IDE?
- How to create groups of fields on the IDE screen painter, that use the same area on the screen, but visible at different moments?
- Did you know you can compare text files using the isCOBOL IDE?
- Did you know how to generate and compile an isCOBOL IDE workspace in background-mode?
- How can we avoid to select the way a program will be executed in the IDE each time we want to test it?
- How to create a report with the IDE Report Designer
- How to use existing FD/SL copybooks in the Screen Programs without generating FD/SL from IDE Data View
- How to run batch programs on a Linux server and compile and debug them from the IDE