How do I set up a CVS repository and access it from Eclipse and the isCOBOL IDE?
I'd like to set up a CVS repository and access it from Eclipse/isCOBOL IDE to use the Team development and project sharing features. Can you point me in the right direction?
To set up a CVS repository on Ubuntu Linux I followed the instructions at:
and used the following for reference:
There is a Wikipedia article at:
You can read the HTML version of "Version Management with CVS by Per Cederqvist et al" athttp://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.12.13/cvs.html
And the PDF version is at http://ftp.gnu.org/non-gnu/cvs/source/feature/1.12.13/cederqvist-1.12.13.pdf
Here are the actual commands I ran on Ubuntu Linux:
sudo apt-get install cvsI had a directory named test_project with some files in it so I ran:
sudo apt-get install xinetd
chgrp cvsusers /usr/local/cvsroot
chmod g+w /usr/local/cvsroot
cvs -d /usr/local/cvsroot init
cvs import test_project initial startAnd to set up the client/server functionality I edited the cvspserver file:
sudo vi /etc/xinetd.d/cvspserverand added the following lines:
Then I restarted the xinetd daemon:
port = 2401
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
user = root
wait = no
type = UNLISTED
server = /usr/bin/cvs
server_args = -f --allow-root /usr/local/cvsroot pserver
disable = no
sudo /etc/init.d/xinetd stopOn Windows:
sudo /etc/init.d/xinetd start
set CVSROOT=:pserver:bagside@bagvapp:/usr/local/cvsrootIn the isCOBOL IDE and/or Eclipse:
cvs co test_project
The above assumes that you have created a group called "cvsusers" and you have added each of the users to this group. If you already have a "devel" group with the correct users then you could change "cvsusers" to "devel" in the above commands.
- Open the "CVS Repository Exploring" Perspective
- Right-click and add a new CVS Repository
- Put the following in the Host field:
and it automatically populates the other fields.
by: Veryant Support
This question has been viewed 15222 times so far.
Here to View all the questions in isCOBOL IDE
|There are no attachment file(s) related to this question.
| User Comments
|There are no user comments for this question. Be the first to post a comment. Click Here
| Related Questions
- How do I resolve the error: Launching has encountered a problem - An internal error occurred during: "Launching ___". com/iscobol/rts/IscobolClass?
- How do I resolve the error "Unhandled event loop exception"?
- isCOBOL IDE or Eclipse error "Workspace in use or cannot be created, choose a different one"
- isCOBOL IDE Eclipse Troubleshooting
- Does Veryant provide a plugin to Eclipse or did Veryant customize Eclipse to be the IDE for isCOBOL?
- What are the steps to add an external tool or integrate a utility such as JDBC2FD into the isCOBOL IDE?
- Can you recommend a book for learning the Eclipse based isCOBOL IDE?
- How do I set up isCOBOL IDE on Windows to edit, compile and debug existing source code on a UNIX/Linux box?
- What is the current working directory when I launch my program from the IDE?
- Generate stopped working after upgrading the isCOBOL IDE
- How do I configure the IDE to put logs and other files in separate project folders?
- How do I install new plugins received from Veryant Support?
- How can I work with the java property 'file.encoding' inside the isCOBOL IDE?
- Did you know how to generate and compile an isCOBOL IDE workspace in background-mode?